A few days ago I was finally sewing the binding for the quilt which has my focus last weeks.
Here it is, finished and well.
The front and the backing.
Fabric with memories. Do you see the ducks. A blog reader send it to me when my dad passed away.
The strawberries is one of my first fabrics.
The flower fabric on the right from the ducks is from a bedsheet from the first bed of DD3.
This quilt is made for DD3.
The windmill fabric is a gift from a quilt shop when I ordered fabrics. I love it so much that I use a little piece in almost every quilt I made since I got the fabric.
In this quilt are a lot of 'ugly fabrics' which I never liked, (like the one under the windmill, and the purple on the picture below) and somehow in this quilt they work :-)
The orange fabric is from a little piece of a friend.
The yellow is one of my first reproduction fabrics.
And here it is on DD3's bed. The place where it belongs.
The quilt is machine pieced and hand quilted. The batting is quilters dream request 100% cotton.