Sunday, October 4, 2015

Spindle

 After a little practicing with my spindle of 34 years old I found to that it is too heavy to spin a nice thin thread. (50 gr.) The thread broke often and the little hook on top too. So time to search for what I need. 
A friend gave me a tip for this site: www.spintollen.nl
They sell wonderful spindles 
And so it happens and this one came home. It is a gentle small spindle of 23 gr. 
Perfect to spin a nice thin thread.


The blue thread is sock yarn for 2,5 mm needles. 


 The wool I'm spinning is from a light grey Icelandic sheep.


I can tell you I'm hooked and I feel a new addiction coming :-) 



Lucy

ps. and for the quilters who read my blog... Yes I'm still quilting too. I hope to have a finish soon.

7 comments:

Karen said...

You are very talented.

Doniene said...

Wow!! I'm so impressed!! Can't wait to see all your creations!

Blessings and hugs!

Phyllis said...

Ja, ja, al die verslavingen..... waar zijn die extra uren in een dag?

Unknown said...

I decided to try spindling a while back and didn't really care for it and went immediately and bought a spinning wheel. It took me a while to figure it all out, but I love spinning on my wheel. Then I went back and tried the spindle again, and I find I like it after all. I go back and forth between the two, and I use my wheel for the plying part. Your wool is beautiful!

Lucy said...

Hi Beth,It is so realxing to play with the spindle. It is zen….
But I’m still quilting. I hope to finish my strip quilt soon. The spinning is a sidetrack and I’m sooo loving it.
I do remember you had a blog?

Anonymous said...

Well done Lucy. I was just watching a segment on the news of a lady in NSW who spins Alpcaca wool from her Alpacas.

Annemieke said...

Je wol ziet er erg mooi en gelijkmatig uit. De tol alleen al is mooi om te zien. Ik ga een kijkje nemen op die site....wel een beetje gevaarlijk verleidelijk;)
Groetjes
Annemieke