Friday, April 13, 2018

Le petit Prince

A few weeks ago I posted a picture and a little text from the book"Le petit Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry on instagram.

Hélène told me about a limited edition in a dialect where she lives;
 Switzerland, Canton Fribourg.

'Le Piti Prinhyo'

It is printed in only 2500 copies.
Wow
It would be wonderful if I could add this book to my collection....


She was kind enough to send me a copy and in return I am going to sew a doll quilt for her.






When I was searching for a background I wanted to choose something soft and fresh.


I chose a golden yellow. Like The little Prince his hair.

“You see the wheat fields over there? I don't eat bread. For me, wheat is of no use whatever. Wheat fields say nothing to me. Which is sad. But you have hair the color of gold. So it will be wonderful, once you've tamed me! The wheat, which is golden, will remind me of you. And I'll love the sound of the wind in the wheat...”




'Le Piti Prinhyo'


It is a lovely idea that as soon as I finish this mini quilt it will travel to Switzerland.

Thank you so much Hélène

Lucy

15 comments:

Janet O. said...

Oh, that is going to be a sweet little quilt!

helen said...

You are most welcome, dear Lucy!
And wheat fields with their color and the gentle blowing wind will always make me think of you from now on! 😍🤗
Best wishes!!

helen said...

Thank you so very much for your kindness to make such a lovely quilt for me!!!! 😍😍😍

frameless mind said...

Dit is zo lief om te lezen. Héél speciaal om dit boekje aan je verzameling te kunnen toevoegen!!
Het goudgele stofjes is perfect voor deze lieve blokjes. Je kon niet beter gekozen hebben!!
Groetjes, Liliane

Wendy Caton Reed said...

How very sweet! The yellow is perfect!

quilting Jeannet said...

Ach wat leuk van Hélene, zo,n aardige vrouw. En wat een mooi poppenquiltje maak je voor haar. Wat heerlijk dat er nog zulke lieve, aardige mensen bestaan Lucy ( vind ik van jou ook Lucy ;) )

lydmarc said...

Beautiful!
What is the name of the block you're using?

Karen said...

I like seeing that you are sewing on your little Featherweight machine.

Judy said...

Such a perfect little quilt for an amazing friend. Your choice of yellow is absolutely fresh and sweet!

Annelein said...

Wat een lief poppenquiltje....

Leratdesfils said...

Ce sera un très joli petit quilt
Très bon choix.

Marie said...

What a wonderful exchange. We read Le Petit Prince in high school French and loved it. I should pick it up again.

Penny said...

Such a lovely interpretation of a very special book - a great swap solution.

QuiltGranma said...

so precious! Love them!

Triniki said...

Fabuloso intercambio, que me ha hecho investigar si había una edición en gallego, el idioma de Galicia y sí, existe.
Gracias por mostrar siempre cosas tan bonitas!