Saturday, June 18, 2016

Sewing scrappy triangles


Summer = Geraniums on my windowsill.


A little while ago I started sewing from my scrapbag.


I cut triangles and sew them random dark and light together. 


On my trip to Texas I was lucky to find two beautiful small yellow bowls.  I hope to have a nice collection some day :-)


Sometimes you find a fabric which you first don't like and years later it has become one of your favorites......... Do you recognize this?



Dust on my machine, from all sewing. Not that it is standing still. 


Ironing to the dark side. I bought this little travel- iron in 1996. The year I started quilting. 
I remember it was the cheapest version but I liked the tip of it so I bought it.
It is still working after so many years.  


My new rotary cutter. I can highly recommend it.  I don't know what it is but it cuts very light. Much lighter than the other regular yellow version of Olfa.


 Ta dah....a little basket with perfect squares of hst's


and 25 of them together make a nice block.


 I can tell you I enjoy my sewing moments very much :-)


Lucy

19 comments:

Robin said...

Love your geraniums. I've been longing for something easy and straightforward to use up my scraps. Your HST's have given me some ideas. Thanks.

Lamasure said...

Guess this project will become a lovely quilt, perhaps an incoming gift for a DD ...
Véronique

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Wonderful! I remember that fabric!

Doniene said...

Ahhh, always a treat to visit your blog! I've done very little sewing except some handwork. Hope to share soon!

Your little triangle blocks are adorable! I've got a box of triangles that I hope to do the same!

Hugs from Texas!

Phyllis said...

Love all you hst's! It will be beautiful... I am sure! Enjoy playing with your fabrics!

Karen said...

All those scraps make me want to dig in and play with you.

Sharon said...

I am loving the triangles and the geraniums.

leslie ison said...

Oh Lucy, thank you for sharing and voicing how I feel about quilting.

frameless mind said...

Wat een heerlijke kleurtjes zowel die van de geraniums als die van de scrapbag!En ja, zo'n dwarsliggertje dat opeens favoriet wordt....ik herken dat hoor!!
Zo'n lichtere versie van de cutter maakt echt wel een verschil in deze fase van het hele project.
Wat was het leuk om hier weer eens een blogje te kunnen lezen! Thx Lucy!!

Janet said...

I love hst's! Your project is off to a lovely start.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

What sweet little triangles!Your photographs are always so lovely and inviting. Thank you for sharing.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Geraniums and scrappy triangles and yellow crockery bowls! My heart is singing!

quilting Jeannet said...

Leuk Lucy, het is met elk vierkantje weer genieten van de combinatie, enne......weet je dat er geweldige sokkenwol uitkomt van Arne en Carlos, geïnspireerd door hun geraniums? zooooo leuk, zoooo retro ;)

Anonymous said...

Lovely fabrics, triangles and photographs...Inspiring!

Patchwork and pasta said...

Lovely fabrics, triangles and photographs...Inspiring

Willy said...

Mooie combinatie van geraniums en kleurige lapjes.

cityquilter grace said...

lovely little HSTs....beware, sewing from scraps can be never-ending!

Roxanne said...

It's funny how feelings about particular fabrics can wax and wane. I don't remember that fabric, but it is very sweet with the yellow and pink--a bit unusual. Loved your B&W photographs of Texas too. We were in Wyoming recently and it was a lot like these photos--the wild west!

CountryMum said...

That looks like a lot a work... from a non-quilter. You do inspire me!