Sunday, March 1, 2015

Strips

A little while ago Tracey posted a link on her blog which is very interesting.
My eye was set on a simple but beautiful quilt on a bed.
(It was a only few seconds but enough for me)


a screenshot of the quilt 

I mentioned Tracey on the quilt. She loved it too and came to the splendid idea to make this quilt together. So we started cutting strips for each other and have sent it over the pond!



Strips for her.



and strips from her.


I sewed them random together in different widths.


 Finished top.
 The wind wasn't cooperated with me, but you get the idea :-)
As soon as it is quilted I promise to show up with a better picture.




Folded and ready to baste. I love this quilt very much.

Lucy

15 comments:

Marie said...

It's beautiful, and so fun that you could make it with your friend who is far away.

Annette said...

Prachtig!

Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful quilt Lucy and so nice that you and Tracey have made one each from the same fabrics.

jayne said...

I love it - the beauty is in the simplicity!!! May just try this with scraps :)

Evelyne said...

Ook al werkte de wind niet mee, ik vind het een geweldig plaatje.
De stof keuze is ook mooi.
Succes met het quilten.

Groetjes,
Evelyne

Atelier Blanc nord-ouest said...

Simple et très joli, tout ce que j'aime !

Phyllis said...

This is soooo wonderful! Love the idea and love the outcome, beautiful!

Phyllis said...

... and I love those cowboyboots too ;-)!

Unknown said...

Simple things are just beautifull...i love this good idee, great to finish some remaining pieces of fabrics. I keep this idea in my mind!
I find your quilt very interresting and lovely
bises

mamifleur said...

I love it !

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Simple but quite lovely! I can see why you love it!

Annemieke said...

Simpel en geweldig leuk. Helemaal dat je samen deed met de strips:)
Groetjes
Annemieke

Quilting Stories said...

What a lovely project and a wonderful result! I love string quilts!

Lucía said...

Simply And Beatifull.

laboreandovoy said...

Hello! I love your blog, I will see slower, you have some very nice work ... you're from Holland! I know Amsterdam and I loved it, I've traveled twice there ... Cheers!